The term ‘Community Action Suffolk’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Community Action Suffolk, 160 Hadleigh Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 0HH. Registered Charity No 1150501. A company limited by guarantee and registered 08316345.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- We are registered as a data controller (Community Action Suffolk) in accordance with United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. We will process any personal information we collect about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW IS THAT INFORMATION THEN USED?
- Information collected when you browse the Website. We will not collect any personal information about you from your browsing of the Website unless you agree to collection and use of your personal data.
- How will we use any personal information that we collect?
- 1. Where we collect personal information, we will use it for administration and to tailor our service and/or products to match your needs.
- 2. We may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, marketing and market researching. In some cases that third party may receive your information. However, at all times we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
- 3. At all times we are legally obliged to collect, retain and process any personal information that you provide in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Each time you provide us with personal information we aim to let you know how it will used. This will include:
- (a) where we would like to use that information to send you details of other services we offer which are similar to the service for which you have Registered; and
- (b) where we would like to share that information with certain selected third parties when you apply for a volunteer opportunity or job with them, or to allow them to provide you with details of their services and/or products which might be of interest to you.
- 4. How can I remove, update, prevent use of or correct my personal information? Please refer to the “Account Settings” section on your Registered User section of the Website, where you can update, correct or delete your personal information as appropriate. Should you wish us to cease marketing to you, you should also contact us.
3. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will hold your personal information securely and will only keep it for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances You are registered to use the Website or for as long as you use the service that you have requested, unless you have provided us with your consent to use the data for any additional purposes. We take the security of the Website and the information you provide very seriously and we will take all appropriate technical measures using recognized security procedures and tools in accordance with good industry practice to protect your personal information.
- Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to protect your security in the manner described above, we consider that it is only appropriate to advise users that data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure, and therefore that you use the Website at your own risk.
- Your Internet browser has a feature called "cookies" which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to the Website, in particular when you Sign Up as a Member. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of the Website. A cookie does not provide us with any personal information. Therefore, if you have not supplied us with any personal information, you can still browse our site anonymously.
- We do not automatically capture or store personal data from browsers to the site, other than to log your IP address and session information such as the duration of the visit to our site and the nature of the browser used. This information is used only for administration of the site system and in the compilation of statistics used by Us.
- Cookies may be required to allow you to access and participate in certain areas of the Website. Once you have closed your browser, this type of cookie remains in place.
- We will also be using cookies for all visitors so that we can store information about whether they have choosen to accept cookies or not.
- The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you equire. If you do not want cookies then please refer to the help menu on your browser for instructions on disabling them. For further general information on cookies and more detailed advice on how to disable and enable them please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.