To attend regular weekly sessions to help tend and organise a successful sensory garden project helping people to improve and maintain their physical and mental well-being.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Give practical hands on help with various allotment duties, some digging, weeding, tending and harvesting.
• Work and share in the group supporting and encouraging participation
• Offer support and feedback to facilitators , befriending help to participants
Skills and Abilities
• Good time keeping
• Awareness of others
• Good listener
• Supportive nature
Knowledge and Experience
• Some understanding of mental health and well being
• Some knowledge of horticulture or similar
Attitudes and Values
• Commitment to project
• Non judgmental attitude
• Enjoying meeting people
In the opportunity volunteers will learn more about the local community services and experience first hand how the project supports emotional wellbeing.
Suffolk Mind is affiliated to Mind National and is committed to improving the lives of people with mental health issues.
To be a forward thinking, needs-led, evidence driven sustainable charity that promotes and protects mental wellbeing for all, providing a range of innovative services and programmes.