Key parts of the role
• Provide sound administrative support to the District
• Preparing for meetings
• The Annual General Meeting Communication
• Make available to members of the District information received into the District
• Distributing information
• District diary
• District newsletter and website
• Keep in contact with the District Commissoner
• Keep such records as the District Commissioner and District Chairman require
• District records
• Legal documents etc
Other topics: • Membership of The Scout Association • Annual registration and census • Trusteeship and the Charities Act • Group bank accounts • Other sources of help • Understanding Scouting language • The Scout Group structure
Good communicative skills. Ability to take accurate minutes of meetings and communicate these with the relevant parties. Good computer skills. Be able to action instruction from Chairman/ District Commissioner. Full Role description to be issued on successful application.
Training in the role is offered through The Scouting Association as well as advise on being a trustee to the Executive.
To provide quality scouting at all levels within the Bury St Edmunds District