The role of a trustee includes:
• Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing documents, charity and company law
• Ensuring that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
• Ensuring that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
• Contributing to the setting of overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
• Safeguarding the good name and ethos of the organisation.
• Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
The role of the treasurer includes:
Monitoring the financial administration of the charity and reporting to the board of trustees at regular intervals on the organisation’s financial health, in line with best practice and in compliance with the governing document and legal requirements.
The treasurer may also be involved in budgeting and strategic financial planning, financial and management reporting, risk assessment and risk management.
Ideally, skills should include knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary); good financial analysis skills and ability to communicate clearly.
Possibly a different financial perspective depending on individual background. The main income and expenditure for this organisation is housing management related i.e. rents and utilities. Additionally, again depending on background of individual, an insight into supported housing, homelessness and complex emotional needs including mental health issues.
A genuine interest in what the Stone Foundation is about would help promote good team working and ensure a commitment to the board and its responsibilities.
To provide accommodation and support to people who struggle to access and maintain accommodation themselves due to low or no income, disability or vulnerabilty