We have an exciting opportunity to help with one of Ipswich Museum’s biggest events of the year – Harry Potter Book Night. For the third year running we will be transforming the Museum into an evening full of magic, but we need your help to make it the best year yet.
Our HPBN Volunteers will play a vital role in enhancing the overall experience for visitors. Duties will include:
• Assisting with the set-up and clear down of HPBN 2018 (01.02.2018)
• Working with guests and colleagues to deliver the events and activities.
• Assisting a team our team of Elves with preparations prior to the event.
• Helping make people’s visits memorable by being approachable and ready to respond to questions.
We are looking for support during January as we prepare for the event, as well as on the night itself: Thursday 1 February 2018. We would consider volunteers who are able to support both or either elements. The preparation dates will be agreed with the volunteers once they have started.
• Witch, wizards and muggles alike are welcome
• We welcome dressing up
• Creativity, enthusiasm and an eye for details
• Reliable with good time-keeping skills.
• Good communication skills and a friendly manner.
• Able to learn given information and to present confidently to visitors.
• Committed to achieving high standards of customer service.
You will gain experience of customer care and running public events. All necessary training will be provided.
Volunteering with Colchester + Ipswich Museums offers a great opportunity to anyone with a keen interest in the arts or museums, or looking for valuable experience.
To be considered for this role, please register your interest here, at Volunteer Suffolk. Prospective volunteers will then be asked for further information and if shortlisted, invited for an informal interview. Successful volunteers will be asked to attend an induction.
The collections at Colchester + Ipswich Museums span thousands of years and include both human and natural history, while our venues range from the largest Norman Keep in Europe to a beautiful Tudor Mansion. We are proud to care for and showcase the stories of both towns.