This is a flexible role which offers you the chance to co-ordinate your fundraising around your other commitments. We have collecting tins across the county in local shops, bars and restaurants and are always looking for new opportunities to put out more, as well as reliable volunteers to look after the ones already distributed.
What will I be doing?
• You will be responsible for all collecting tins in a given area, to be decided by you and us
• Collecting the tins when they are full, replacing them with an empty one and counting and banking the monies raised
• Using your local knowledge you will seek out new locations for collecting tins in your area
When can I volunteer?
• The hours are flexible to suit you. We are looking for volunteers across the county, but don’t worry, the volunteering will be local to you
Where can I volunteer?
We currently have opportunities available across Suffolk. We are looking for collection box volunteers in:
• Bury St Edmunds
• Capel St Mary
• East Bergholt
What we are looking for
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Reliability as you will be relied upon to collect the tins when they are full, bank the money and report back
• A friendly, approachable and enthusiastic manner
• Your own means of transport would be beneficial
• Ability and confidence to handle money
What we can offer
• Meet new people in your area and give back to your local community
• Travel expenses are paid
• Full training and on-going support is provided
All new volunteers are invited to attend a volunteer induction and we provide on-going training and support specific to the role.
Whilst a driving licence is not essential it would be beneficial.
East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) is a charity providing a helicopter medical service (HEMS) for the people of East Anglia.
We are committed to delivering outstanding care, quality and value to the community. We provide pre hospital emergency care to those most in need.