About this role
We are regularly invited to attend events across the county which provides a great opportunity to promote the work of our charity. We go to fetes, fairs and country shows, as well as carnivals and sporting events. We take the chance to share information about the work we do and also sell our merchandise, helping us to raise vital funds. If you like getting out and about and meeting people, this is the role for you.
What will I be doing?
• Working with the local fundraising team, attending events and providing ‘hands on’ help
• Assisting in the setting up and packing up of the event equipment
• Speaking to the public about the work of the charity
When can I volunteer?
• Events are held across the county throughout the year, although the summer months are busier, so there’s bound to be one near you and the hours are flexible too.
What we are looking for
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
• A friendly, approachable and enthusiastic manner
• A willingness to collaborate and work with other fundraising team members
• Ability and confidence to handle money
What we can offer
• The chance to make a real difference in your local community
• Meet new people in your area
• Join a warm and friendly team of like minded people
• Travel expenses are paid
• Full training and on-going support is provided
All new volunteers are invited to attend a volunteer induction and will be provided with on-going support relevant to the role they are being asked to undertake.
East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) is a charity providing a helicopter medical service (HEMS) for the people of East Anglia.
We are committed to delivering outstanding care, quality and value to the community. We provide pre hospital emergency care to those most in need.