Racing Welfare exists to help anyone who works in the British horseracing and breeding industry who is looking for support, regardless of their occupation.
Fortunately not everyone will need our help, but this enables us to deliver support throughout the UK wherever beneficiaries may be. Income generation is the key to our continued success. Raising funds from the community can be very rewarding and enjoyable. As a volunteer fundraiser you will be able to support us at events and help to encourage other volunteers to fundraise for the charity. This role is location dependant for events.
We regularly attend and run events across the country, for example at a race day, Sports day, etc.
And we are always in need of people wanting to help us collect much needed donations at these events.
If you are interested in registering to receive updates on upcoming events please contact us on the details below.
You will be collecting for up to two hours just before the last race to catch racegoers on their way home with a group of other volunteers.
You’ll be given full details about what’s expected on the day; each collection will have a key organiser who will be your contact on the day and there will be other volunteers and supporters helping out so you won’t be on your own
All appropriate materials to support your role will be supplied by us including:
• Branded bucket and clothing to use on the day
• A complimentary ticket to the race meeting (unless free entry anyway)
What attributes/skills do you need?
• A friendly, approachable and enthusiastic manner
• Access to telephone
• Access to a computer and email would be desirable
• Good communication skills
• Enjoy collaborating and working with other fundraising team members
• Ability and confidence to handle money
How much time do I need to commit?
The role is flexible
• Ideally on race days or sports day events more time may needed but a good minimum is approx. 2 hours
• Events are held across the country throughout the year, although the summer months are busier, so there’s bound to be one near you.
What benefits can I expect?
• The opportunity of meeting new people and working as part of a dedicated team
• The satisfaction of knowing that you are helping vulnerable people in your community and across the country
• Valuable experience of volunteering that you can add to your CV
16 and above
Does this role have age restrictions: 16 years or above
Details training: Most volunteer roles do not require any specific training although all volunteers are given a full briefing before they start the role.
Our mission is to enhance the wellbeing of people from the thoroughbred racing and breeding community, by providing comprehensive and individual support throughout and after their working lives.
Our vision is that no-one from the thoroughbred racing and breeding community is left unsupported and that everyone has the opportunity to thrive.