We are often asked to attend community events to present information to groups of people who are interested in the work of East Anglian Air Ambulance. We need volunteers who enjoy speaking in public, are able to communicate clearly and who can inspire and motivate people to become volunteers themselves. This work is invaluable in ‘spreading the word’ about what we do and how people can get involved.
You will be:
• Delivering prepared talks of around 30 minutes to a variety of different audiences. PowerPoint slides, a projector and screen are provided if you wish to use them
• Responding flexibly and creatively to different groups needs and expectations
• Informing people of all the ways they can get involved and support us through volunteering and fundraising
• Excellent interpersonal, motivational and communication skills
• Experience in public speaking and own transport would be beneficial
• A friendly, approachable and enthusiastic manner
• A flexible, independent and creative approach
• Willingness to learn more about our work and deliver our key messages
• The opportunity to build your communication skills
• Meet new people in your area and give back to your local community
• Travel expenses are paid
• Full training and ongoing support is provided, including the opportunity to shadow existing speakers to gain experience and confidence
East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) is a charity providing a helicopter medical service (HEMS) for the people of East Anglia.
We are committed to delivering outstanding care, quality and value to the community. We provide pre hospital emergency care to those most in need.