The Alzhiemer's Society is looking for a volunteer who loves to play snooker/golf/table tennis to accompany a gentleman with dementia to continue with these interests. Perhaps also the odd game of cards/chess/draughts.
• You have desire to help people with dementia stay involved and know about, or are willing to learn about dementia and its impact on people
• Enjoy learning new things and willing to quickly undertake training (online and in person)
• Recognise the importance of making people feel valued, treat people with respect and dignity, and have the ability to connect with people based on common interests.
• Able to follow policies, procedures and guidance and can volunteer within service boundaries
• Make a real difference to the lives of people living with dementia.
• Pioneer change and help reduce the stigma of dementia
• Develop and build on your skills and experience in Health Social Care and Community settings
• Learn new skills and enhance and expand your CV
Volunteers must undertake the SCIE dementia training (available on line) plus modules on lone working, data protection, prevent and safeguarding. This training can be undertaken on line or if this is not suitable via hardcopies or via one to one with a member of staff.
This opportunity will enable a gentleman carry on doing the things he loves to do. Keeping him active and engaged will also support his carer and enable him to continue to lead fulfilling life.