Event helpers will be required at both internal and external fundraising events, those that we are organising and those that we have been invited to attend.
Typically we need help manning our stands, selling merchandise and collecting money. However the duties may vary depending on the type of event.
We are also looking for people to represent us at community events.
What skills or experience are required?
• Being energetic and proactive are useful attributes.
• Willingness to talk to people about Hope for Tomorrow
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Team working when working with a local fundraising group or others
What will I get out of it?
• Support us to keep the wheels turning on our Mobile Cancer Care Units to allow patients to be treated closer to home
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
Hope for Tomorrow is a dedicated charity, bringing cancer care closer to patients’ homes via our Mobile Cancer Care Units (MCCUs).
As a cancer charity, we understand that time is a crucial factor for patients, and in 2007 we launched the world’s first ever Mobile Cancer Care Unit (previously Mobile Chemotherapy Unit) to bring vital cancer care closer to patients, enabling them to spend more time with family, friends and loved ones.
Hope for Tomorrow is a national cancer charity dedicated to bringing cancer treatment closer to patients’ homes. Our Mobile Chemotherapy Units effectively reduce the long distances of travel and waiting times for treatment that patients often endure, and also help them to avoid the stresses and strains of busy Oncology Centres.
The Hope for Tomorrow Mobile Chemotherapy Unit in West Suffolk is based at the hospital in Bury St Edmund and currently travels out to Thetford, Newmark, Sudbury each week to take NHS chemotherapy treatment closer to the homes of cancer patients and their families and carers.