Havebury has developed a panel, which will ensure that tenants are at the heart of our approach to self regulation. Independent members of the panel will strengthen this process through their skills and experience. The panel provides extra accountability and challenge to why and how Havebury do things and also assists in our ambition to continually improve.
The panel has been formed in recognition of the requirements set out by our regulator and following Havebury’s key strategic objective to:
• Ensure Corporate Sustainability
• Deliver services which people want
• Ensure fairness and accessibility
The panel will be made up of 10 members; six of whom must be current tenants. If a tenant representative ceases to be a tenant then they will end their membership on this panel. The four remaining representatives will be independent members and can be from stakeholder organisations such as local authority, police or voluntary sector. Nominations will not be accepted from existing Board Directors.
Panel Members will be expected to:
• Attend meetings on a quarterly basis (more frequent should the Chairman call any emergency meetings)
• Receive and consider reports on performance and make appropriate recommendations including any proposals for service improvements, new arrangements for service delivery and monitoring.
• Report to Operations Committee with their findings and recommendations.
• Contribute to the delivery of Value For Money and the implementation of best practice.
• Monitor and challenge the work and activities of the organisation and ensure effective administration.
• Always act in the best interests of the organisation and maintain absolute confidentiality.
• Able to work as part of a team and work independently
• Be able to express views clearly in a formal meeting setting
• Effective time management
• Able to challenge and help shape proposals on performance improvement and service delivery
• Demonstrate a commitment to Equality and Diversity
• Awareness of the political context of Havebury’s work
• Computer Literate
Each member of the Performance and Scrutiny Panel will be expected to undertake induction training and further training as required.