Administration volunteers support the day to day admin tasks within our busy office environment. There is no typical day, you could be answering the phone; filing; entering client data; working with the counselling coordinator to book new clients in for sessions; or calling new referrals to book their initial appointments. This is an opportunity to gain valuable admin skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills including a friendly and approachable manner both face-to-face and over the telephone
- Must be literate and numerate
- Must have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word or a willingness to learn basic IT skills
- Have a non-judgmental attitude and a commitment to work within our feminist principles
- Be willing to follow our policies and procedures including completing a DBS check
- Be reliable and able to commit to at least 4 hours a week (during office hours)
- Be able to commit to any necessary training, including induction training
- Ongoing training
- Knowledge of Violence Against Women and Girls
- IT/Admin skills
- Team Work
Volunteers must be over 18.
- Violence against women and girls
- System training
- Have an understanding of and willingness to learn about the impacts of sexual violence on survivors and be prepared to respond in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner
- Be able to travel to our Ipswich office
We offer emotional support, signposting and counselling for survivors of rape and sexual abuse.