Supporting our offices and services at Head Office in Claydon, helping with all kinds of administrative or reception tasks including computer-based activity, scanning/filing, photocopying and mail outs. We currently need cover for Wednesdays.
• Excellent communication skills
• Happy to work as part of a team.
• Reliability and punctuality.
• Respect for others, patience and empathy.
• An understanding of confidentiality.
• Confidence in dealing with members of the public.
As well as making a real difference to the lives of older people in your community you will also have the chance to learn new skills such as;
• Customer service skills.
• Office and Administrative skills.
• Increased confidence.
• Team-working skills.
• Problem-solving abilities.
• Each volunteer will have a full Induction to familiarise them with the overall working practices of the organisation.
• Full in-house training will be given.
You will need to complete a volunteer application form providing details of two referees. All volunteers must be over 18. Training and support will be provided. All volunteers will be invited to a group induction which is designed to help fully understand the volunteering role. It is an opportunity to meet the staff at Age UK Suffolk and understand the values and polices of the organisation. It also explains the support and help that are available to get the most from the volunteering role. It is also an opportunity to meet other volunteers who have joined the volunteering team.
Age UK Suffolk is a local charity, working with and for older people across Suffolk. We help alleviate loneliness and isolation, support carers and promote independence. We achieve this through a range of services such as befriending, providing information and advice including welfare benefits and through giving practical support. If you would like to be part of a charity that makes a real difference to older people, take a look at the opportunities we have on offer. 'Age UK Suffolk helping older people to enjoy later life'.